Thursday, June 25, 2009

All the flavors they love from Dreyers.

I have this wonderful, dear heart on my friends list. In the many years that I have known her, I have seen her grow so very much as a human being. I've had the blessing of knowing her through the good and the bad, the ups and the downs. I'm a better person today for having her in my life..

In the last year, I have been witness to an incredible journey of health improvement. She has shown me on so very many levels that anything IS possible, if I'm just willing.

She's about to embark on yet another fabulous endeavor. Rather than blather on, I give you a letter from her:

In the past year I have taken drastic measures to improve my health.  It occurred to me while doing this that I am able to change my health for the better on my own, but there are many people who do not have that same ability due to illness.  That is why I have decided while pursuing my goal of good health that I would like to help others who cannot help themselves.  On September 20th, 2009 I will be participating in the ING Philadelphia Distance Run in Philadelphia, PA.  At this event I will be representing The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through their Team in Training.

      The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society strives to find cures for blood cancers including: leukemia, lymphoma (Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin), and myeloma, while providing support, services, and information to patients and their families.  It is estimated that currently there are 894,543 Americans living with leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma.

      Funding provided from the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and its supporters to research has resulted in an increase of 5 year survival rate for leukemia from 14 percent in 1960 to 51 percent in 2005.  The survival rate of children with acute lymphocytic leukemia has increased to 86 percent from only 3 percent in 1964.

      For these reasons I am asking my family, friends, neighbors, and the businesses* in my local community to contribute what you can to the fight to find a cure.  If you are unable to donate at this time I want to thank you for allowing me to share with you my journey and goals.  Please also feel free to share this letter with your family, friends, neighbors, and local businesses. 

      Donations can be made using  my secure website http://pages.teamintraining.org/cpa/phildist09/spriniski. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.  Without the support and involvement of people such as you The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society could not succeed.

 

No comments: