Monday, June 18, 2007

Do you NEED a sidekick?

All I want to do at home since I started the new position is sleeeeep. Lost two pounds from all the exercise I've been getting (as I haven't changed my eating habits, really.)

It feels almost as if I'm in retail boot camp, quite a work out and time FLIES.... until we open.

Still having fun with it, though I'm frustrated for days like tomorrow where I will be spending half my day stuck behind a register. Manager Ted is hoping and pleading for some overnight shifts for him and me, because there is no way whatsoever that we'll be able to get everything that needs to be done for the back to school season with just three of us having only four hours a day (the store being open for the other four we're there, and we can't exactly tear the store up like we need to in order to put it back together the way it needs to go.)

I just feel bad having to have one of them pick me up before work every day. I offered to walk, but everyone put the fear of GOD into me for walking a half hour to work at 330 in the morning, half of that along desolate swamp like land.

Fine.

While waiting for Ted to pick me up Saturday morning, I witnessed three things:

- A party in the apartment complex was still going on into the wee hours of the morning. There was a very pretty, blonde woman walking back and forth to her car, completely 100%-ly nude from the waist up, talking loudly on her cell phone.

- Three guys in hoodies walked together from the apartment complex next to mine to the apartment complex across the street and down a ways. Five minutes later, they came back at a DEAD RUN. Couldn't have been up to much good, methinks.

- My roommates came home from Jack in the Box and stopped to talk to me a bit as I was waiting in the parking lot. Well, sheesh. If I would have known they were going, I could have tagged along - my work is almost next door.

No comments: