Sunday, June 24, 2007

This isn't like the first time that our friends have called us names.

Okay, so my first leg of trying to get my sleeping schedule turned around didn't work so well. I slept from 5 to 1030, woke up for about an hour with an awful allergy attack. Took more Benedryl and slept until 5 a.m.

Well, poo.

Dumb dreams, too, which were very... odd. I remember a little girl reaching for a roast in the fire and burning half her hair off. I remember wanting that roast really bad, too, but didn't want to step on anyone's feet, so I went hungry. I hadn't been invited, afterall. I remember sitting with my friend Brett from Phoenix and recalling a time that we went white river rapidsing, only for him to say "Uh, if you did that, I wasn't there." Oh. We were on a school bus as I was recounting the story to everyone. I remember us having to hike through the zoo carrying our rafts and water toys, and that someone fell out of the raft and hilarity ensued, but everyone told me it really didn't happen. I ended up at a party house where everyone was kicking back the next day. There was roast on the table, too, and pie, but again I hadn't been invited, and I was sure the roast was spoken for. I could eat pie, but was convinced if I did, that everyone would look at me and call me a pig because I would just eat what wasn't good for me. So I went hungry. I knew I wasn't invited and that no one really wanted me there, and felt awkward at my self invitingness, but realized I truly had nowhere else to go. I also stepped in brie and scraped it off my foot, and was convinced that everyone around me was thinking I was such a pig that I would eat it, anyway. No one truly knew me or cared to know me.

I only have one more night's worth of Benedryl, which means I need to make a hike to Target to get some more. (I'm poor right now but have a Target card.) Maybe I'll be lucky and my brother will be working today and willing to pick me up some. I tried to take only one last night instead of the two I've been taking before bed, which is why I woke up with a massive attack.

Stupid allergies.

No comments: